Team Administrator & Office Manager (part-time) – Newhouse Area
Parent friendly role. Come join our dynamic team.
Scot Bio is recruiting an individual to provide part-time administrative support to the Executive and Scientific teams as well as help to manage the office. In this role you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining office procedures and systems as well as ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the office.
The role is part-time, up to 20 – 25 hours per week, and will be based at BioCity Scotland in Newhouse, Lanarkshire. We offer some flexibility around days and hours of work, but generally it is expected that the role will be Monday to Friday for 4 or 5 hours a day, e.g. between 9:30am and 2:00pm. There is a prospect for expansion into a full-time role as the company grows. Additional benefits include a pension and training.
A successful applicant will be an experienced professional, highly organised, able to multi-task and be an excellent communicator.
- Providing administrative support to the Executive and Scientific teams;
- Assisting the Executive Team with the compilation and distribution of monthly management reports;
- Devising and implementing a document management system, including digital storage, scanning, printing, filing and shredding;
- Using Xero accounting software to create and manage a system for purchases, tracking from purchase order through to billing and receipt of items as they are delivered;
- Compiling monthly expense reports;
- Formatting, editing and managing updates to documents such as company presentations;
- Managing a system for company policies to ensure regular reviews and updates;
- Tracking holidays and sick leave;
- Scheduling meetings, managing diaries and ensuring meeting rooms are ready;
- Welcoming guests to the facility;
- Managing office supplies;
- Booking travel for team members.
- Professional demeanour;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Highly organised and self-motivated;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Prior experience with office productivity tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is essential;
- Prior experience with Xero accounting software is desirable;
- Good time-keeping skills;
- Adaptable, fast learner with a willingness to pitch in where needed