RECEPTION SUPERVISOR - HOTEL
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Reception Supervisor, to join a well established Hotel locally, with an enviable reputation.
As an experienced full time Reception Supervisor you will join their front of house team. The suitable Reception Supervisor will ideally be an experienced, driven, professional and Customer facing Reception Supervisor. As Reception Supervisor you will ensure the Customer Service experienced by guests, is of the highest standards in terms of efficiency and friendliness, whilst ensuring both revenue and occupancy are maximized through effective organisation and control.
The role is responsible of managing the Reception Department on a day to day basis, and leading the Team by example, to ensure a highest level of Customer Service and hospitality is delivered, to all the Guests and Clients at all times, in line with the Hotel’s guidelines and service standards.
As the Reception Supervisor, you will be responsible of the recruitment for the Team, alongside coaching and development to ensure individuals maximize their potential. Planning for the future, needs of the department and maintaining excellent communication within the Team, and with other Departments. You will act as a face of the Hotel, as first point of contact when Guests arrive to the Hotel.
- Management of the day to day operations of the Reception Department.
- To ensure Reception Department is manned correctly at all times, by planning and scheduling the department rota, based on business needs.
- To handle Guest complaints and issues in efficient and professional manner.
- To act as main point of contact for the department and communicating effectively with other departments within the hotel.
- To ensure check-in and check-out procedures are followed fully, based on the set standards.
- Supporting the Team on decision making with the interest of the Guest and the business.
- To liaise closely with Housekeeping Department, with regards to arrivals, check-outs and room moves.
- To ensure accurate and timely submission of all Reports and Administrative Work.
- Actively drive up selling within the Reception Department, by supporting the team, monitoring results, and setting targets.
- To ensure arrival checks are done on a daily bases, based on the set standards.
- To ensure bedroom allocations are correct - "right guest in the right room at the right time".
- To ensure and lead by example, that all telephone calls are answered efficiently and in professional manner within 3 rings by all Team Members (only exception when you are on your own and have a guest at the desk).
- Act as a Duty Manager.
- Recommends to Revenue Manager how to improve guest service and efficiency in Reception.
- To ensure appropriate professional standards of behaviour, work standards, dress code, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Whenever possible anticipate guest needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, and carry out these requests in courteous and helpful manner.
- Stay current with any development’s in the Hotel.
- Demonstrate good team work practises, by co-operating and assisting colleagues as and when needed.
- Handle difficult guests effectively and in professional manner.
- Be aware of what is happening at the Hotel, to ensure guests are informed accordingly and rooms are allocated based on the guest needs.
- Assist other departments, when and if required and undertake any other reasonable duties directed by the management.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with all other departments regards to guest bookings, requirements and needs to ensure seamless Customer Service process.
- Ensure guest details are not disclosed inappropriately and data protection act is followed.
- Anticipate possible and probable hazards and conditions, and notify Management team.
- Maintain own working area and materials clean, tidy and in good shape; report defective materials and equipment to Revenue Manager.
- To arrive on time for your shift and ensure your appearance follows the hotel’s set standards.
- Previous 4 Star Hotel experience from similar position (Minimum 1 year)
- Experience of managing and supervising a Team
- Excellent computer skills and experience of using Rezlynx, or any other PMS system
- Can support the delivery of excellent guest and customer service every day
- Be confident to speak to Guests, Managers and is able sell the Hotel and its facilities
- Possess a good command of English and has excellent communication skills to build relationships with Guests and the Hotel Departments
- Be able to recruit and develop Team Members
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, resourceful with a good eye for detail and accuracy
- Demonstrable ability to drive business and promote all of the Services at the Hotel, to a very high standard.
Suitable experienced Reception Supervisor can Apply, by sending over your updated CV and Contact details.