HEAD CHEF, 5/7DAYS, SALARY £20000 PER ANNUM
Simple Recruitment services Limited, are currently recruiting for Head chef in the Hampshire area, to run a residential home kitchen with about 40 residents. With support from a great team.
Job Title: Head Chef
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, 5/7 days including some weekends and bank holidays
Are you looking for a new exciting challenge in a fast-growing organisation?
We are looking for a chef for an assisted living home, preferably with previous care home experience. As well as great food skills, you must also possess:
- Knowledge of special diets
- Ability to manage a small team in the managers absence
- Basic food hygiene and health and safety qualifications as a minimum
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 or NVQ 3 or equivalent experience
- Comply with the company and legislative health and safety and food safety requirements
- Complete company book work, stock take and records as necessary
- A "can do" attitude
- Flexibility in working hours
- Above all, you must demonstrate patience, empathy and consideration towards the residents
- 37.5 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
- Some weekends and bank holidays
- Up to 33 days holiday
- Cooking a delicious lunch from scratch for up to 80 residents
- Menu planning
- Communicating with the care team and residents as required
- Assisting with weekly stock take
- Planning and carrying out regular theme events.
- Coaching team members
Our ideal candidate will possess:
Knowledge of special diets
Basic IT skills as a minimum
Previous care home experience would be an advantage
Basic food hygiene and health and safety qualifications as a minimum
A "can do" attitude
Flexibility in working hours and days, to provide cover in the Chef Managers absence.
Above all, you must demonstrate empathy and consideration towards the residents.