Chef de Partie
The Mayfly is a beautiful Hampshire country pub located on the world famous Test River, close to the town of Stockbridge, serving stunning food all day to tourists and locals alike.
After a recent management change, we have a new, fresh & close-knit kitchen and front of house team, and are looking for a chef de partie to complete it.
The Mayfly will close down in December for a 2.5 million pound refurbishment which will guarantee this pub will be the crown of Fuller's pubs in Hampshire.
Upon reopening we will have 2 kitchens, one for outside service only and the other for the main restaurant. The new menu, will be created to offer fine dining at a high level and we hope to obtain rosette status within the first year of opening.
Shift patterns are 5 days out of 7 and generally consist of a mixture of 10:00 – 16:00/18:00 – 22:00 or 10:00 – 18:00 or 17:00 – 22:00, a mixed bag dependent on trade. We offer great opportunities to progress, and work for a company that really values growth and development. This is a fantastic chance for a budding Chef de Partie to really make an impact.
We are hoping to obtain further staff accommodation during the refurbishment and this can be discussed during your interview.
Come along and enjoy what will be an exciting future for all our team. Make memories last as we cater for weddings and private parties within the area. Shine at our future beer festivals and put your name on the map in an industry that we are all passionate about.Could you sharpen our focus on fresh food?
As Chef De Partie, you’ll be a key ingredient in the success of our busy kitchen, preparing and cooking delicious dishes with an emphasis on freshness.
We take food seriously at Fuller’s, so you’ll be working with fresh, seasonal, local ingredients – supporting other talented, experienced chefs to deliver a great experiences every time.
- Commitment to guaranteeing a minimum of 16 hours part time and 40 hours full time per week
- Enjoy the pace and camaraderie of the kitchen
- Develop your skills towards a head chef role
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs!
- Development programmes to fine tune your skills and advance your career
Life in the kitchen is hectic, but exciting. you’ll need strong food preparation skills and be confident in cooking the basics – and you’ll thrive under that constant time pressure. You will be supported by a team of experienced chefs to help you reach your full potential.
Most importantly, you’ll share our passion for fresh food. You’ll take great pride in helping to create tasty dishes, and you’ll relish the chance to learn about new ingredients, cooking techniques and putting your ideas into our dishes.
We will offer you training and support to gain your hygiene qualifications and build your knowledge of food but you’ll need people skills too. Chef De Partie is responsible for the junior roles in the kitchen - giving you a great chance to develop the leadership tendencies you need to advance your catering career.
- You must be an excellent team player, calm under pressure
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You’ll have a real love of food, and set yourself high standards
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.
Set in the heart of the Hampshire countryside in the quintessentially English hamlet of Fullerton, the pub is a haven for walkers, cyclists and those who prefer just to relax in beautiful surroundings. Being only a short drive from the bustling market town of Stockbridge and with glorious views over the world famous trout stream, the River Test, the Mayfly has great potential to become the destination for fantastic fresh food and faultless service. With a significant investment due in the coming months this is an exciting business with huge potential.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.