Marketing Manager (contractor)
The World Gold Council is the market development organisation for the gold industry, and it is creating a new role in the Communications team for a Marketing Manager.
The individual will be responsible for driving new initiatives on a corporate level, as well as working with the different business areas in developing marketing initiatives that will help them achieve their business goals, such as promoting gold in the Islamic finance industry. A primary focus will likely be across the EMEA and US regions, but as the World Gold Council is a global organisation, the remit will cover all of its key markets. Experience in the financial markets is essential.
· Work with key stakeholders to develop a joined-up campaign approach to marketing activities, driven and refined by agreed KPIs
o This could entail both sector specific campaigns or running integrated marketing campaigns across our sectors and programmes
· Gather market research and insight and take responsibility for target audience segmentation and profiling to improve engagement, such as for our Goldhub site
· Collaborate with the Head of Digital to deliver integrated digital activity (email, social media, advertising) and content to support marketing campaigns
· Develop print collateral as needed for campaigns
· Lead on the organisation and delivery of events for campaigns
· Review engagement metrics on an ongoing basis to refine marketing activity
· Help create content ideas that fit with our key objectives, identifying where gaps are that need to be filled
Experience and skills
· Self starter – able to work individually and as part of a team. The role needs someone willing to roll their sleeves up and deliver what is needed
· Good general organisation and planning skills
· Ability to develop multi-channel marketing campaigns, manage campaigns for multiple stakeholders and deliver to agreed KPIs
· At least 5 years B2B marketing experience, with a particular focus on financial services
· Demonstrable experience developing digital and offline marketing content
· Excellent event and project management experience including pre- and post- event marketing
· Strong influencing skills and experience working with senior stakeholders
· Ability to analyse both metrics and reporting and deliver insight and campaign optimisation
· Agency management experience
· Problem solver – able to negotiate multiple points of view from different territories
· A connective and creative thinker, able to combine creative thinking and analytical approaches
· Curiosity and a willingness to learn with the enthusiasm to make a difference. A collegiate worker who is also able to assume responsibility for ensuring excellent delivery
· Good understanding of social media as well as the current and emerging digital landscape
· Excellent writing abilities with a strong attention to detail
· Occasional travel may be required
As this is a new role, there is potential for it to begin as a part time role, but it is anticipated that it will quickly build to a full time role. Flexible working is an option.
To learn more about what the organisation does at www.gold.org.