Part-time Marketing Executive
The Marketing Executive will provide support to the Destination Marketing Executive in promoting the Chichester region as a top tourism destination.
Visit Chichester is the Destination Management Organisation for the Chichester region. Founded in 2004, it has been promoting the entire region ever since. With funding from Chichester District Council and the Chichester Business Improvement District, and having recently launched a Destination Management Plan, we are now looking to expand our team with the addition of a Marketing Executive.
About the Chichester region
Nestled at the foot of the South Downs, the Chichester region takes you from City to country to coast. Whether it is just for the day, a weekend or longer – we provide countless possibilities to engage with and enjoy our part of West Sussex. Chichester is the cathedral city in West Sussex and our main market town. It has a long history from Roman times and a wealth of heritage, alongside a vibrant and contemporary cultural life. Our magnificent coastline includes Chichester Harbour (a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) with many wonderful places to visit including West Wittering Beaches and the town of Selsey. Exploring the north of our region reveals the delightful towns of Midhurst (home to the headquarters of the South Downs National Park) and Petworth with the magnificent Petworth House (NT) at its centre. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, sandy beaches, fishing villages, historical and family attractions, theatre and the arts – this exciting district offers incredible diversity to suit every visitor.
Purpose of the role
You will play a key role in assisting the delivery of marketing campaigns, with a particular focus on digital marketing. Your ultimate (and actually only) goal is to promote the Chichester region. Your contribution will help drive traffic and revenue to the Chichester district, and will help increase brand awareness and positive perception of Visit Chichester.
Content – Assisting with producing and delivering content across all marketing channels. There will be a particular focus on digital marketing (this may include producing e-newsletters, blogs, website content or managing social media channels) but will include offline too
Planning – Assisting the wider in team in developing future marketing plans and schedules where appropriate
Stakeholder engagement – Acting as the key point of contact for some of Visit Chichester’s partners and stakeholders. Attending meetings and events where necessary
Brand Guardianship – Assist the wider team in protecting and championing the Visit Chichester brand and what it stands for
Insight – produce insight and analysis reports on how Visit Chichester’s digital platforms are performing (training will be provided)
Qualities you will possess
· Excellent writing skills
· Excellent communicator
· Attention to detail
· Passion for what you do
· Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
· Ability to prioritise and organise
· Take responsibility for yourself
· A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
· Good writing skills and an attention to detail are essential
· Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
· An understanding of digital marketing (web and social media) is essential
· Formal marketing qualification is not necessary but enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is key – evidence of training in marketing and/or publicity would be an advantage.
· A passion for our beautiful region!
· The interview process will consist of 1-2 interviews with key members of the Visit Chichester team. The candidate should be prepared to describe any work on marketing or publicity projects that they have been engaged in that they may feel is relevant to the post.
· Please include a covering letter and a CV
· Please include answers to the following three qualifying questions
· Please explain your association with the Chichester region and the wider tourism industry (if applicable)
· A willingness to learn is key. Please tell us about a situation where you have put what you have learnt into practice.
· Please indicate your salary expectations