Senior Account Manager - Experiential Events & Edible Adventures
WHO WE ARE:
We Make Edible Adventures for Brave Brands & Daring Hosts
Flavourology is the B2B arm of the immersive dining pioneers, Gingerline. Flavourology is a boutique but rapidly growing experiential B2B events company with a strong pipeline of new projects. Now is an extremely exciting stage for our young business and we are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our team and help us take it to the next level.
Within the first year of trading we turned over £1m+, delivering events for top brand names such as Godiva, Starbucks, News UK (The Times & Sunday Times), Adidas & Staropramen.
To see our show reel and case studies please visit www.flavourology.co.uk
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years’ experience working as an agency Account Handler and have proven experience in designing and overseeing delivery of complex events. The successful candidate must be extremely organised, proactive, trustworthy and willing to work autonomously on a range of clients. They must have fantastic people skills, an eye for detail and be a great team player. They will have a passion for building new business and ultimately, want to be a central part of a team making incredible edible experiences and growing the immersive dining industry.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
Our Senior Account Manager will work in conjunction with the Directors to develop and implement a business development strategy. They will manage new and existing business relationships with agencies and brands to identify new business opportunities and respond to incoming pitches. They will develop new Summer and Christmas events products and bring those offers to the corporate events market, managing sales and delivery plans, and overseeing the delivery. They will work proactively seek new clients and respond to pitches to develop exceptional food centric bespoke brand activations. They will maintain and oversee the highest quality of experience delivery, in accordance with our values and sense of fun. They will strive to produce projects that enhance the reputation of Flavourology, meet financial objectives and push the boundaries of the experiential industry.
New Business Development
- Co-creating the marketing strategy for the company, identifying new target markets and capitalising on wider Gingerline and Flavourology activity to create new business opportunities
- Develop original and attractive immersive dining experiences in conjunction with venues, which are tailored toward the corporate market
- Pay attention to market trends and to develop relationships with partners to extend networks and identify new ways to generate new revenue
- Scope out potential bespoke projects in conjunction with creative leads
- Oversee the quoting and pricing process to make sure customer enquiries for bespoke events are responded to in a timely manner with well-conceived and costed proposals
- Oversee the response to small enquiries and lead the response to medium to large enquiries
- Follow through all leads to conversion or conclusion, leaving the door open for future opportunties
- Following confirmation of new work, liaise with the internal team to finalise deliverables and event parameters and outline resourcing plan
- Act as a bridge between the event delivery team and the client, making sure that client’s needs are met and the project is running to time and budget.
- Oversee the project delivery leads, managing quality vs cost considerations, ensuring creative content is in line expectations and logistical limitations
- Oversee the tendering and subcontractor confirmation process (or recruiting an event producer to do this on larger events.)
- Ensuring all health and safety and regulatory requirements are adhered to and the experience is resourced appropriately (or recruiting an event producer to do this on larger events.)
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of London venues
- To develop initial project budgets in conjunction with the company Directors
- Folloiwng sign off, maintaining ultimate control and responsibility for project budgets, allocating accordingly to subcontracters and the delivery teams
- Foster an environment where improvements to the experience, processes and service are welcomed and encouraged.
- Oversee project delivery teams, event managers, subcontractors and design collaboraters ensuring their scope is clear and they are working efficiently to brief
- Conduct briefings and training to ensure that staff have all necessary knowledge and are able to deliver services to the standards required.
- Monitor, review and feedback on individuals’ performance, set and review objectives inline with the performance review and induction process.
- Develop team members according to their individual abilities with a mind to the current and future needs of the project.
- Support colleagues at peak times and to undertake any operational duty, which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Directors of Flavourology.