Part-time Home-based Membership Sales Administrator -
The Institute of Hospitality is the professional body for individual managers, aspiring managers and those studying for related qualifications in the hospitality industry. Its aims and objectives are to promote excellence, enhance education and facilitate learning.
The Institute offers a range of benefits and career long support through a renowned professional development programme. It has been in existence for almost 80 years and boasts membership across the globe making it a truly international operation.
The post holder will report to the Head of Executive Office and will promote the Institute of Hospitality’s complete portfolio of business and membership products, leading to increased revenue and further development of close commercial links across a diverse range of potential clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To make appointments for Company Sponsored Membership meetings with IOH Executives
- To promote the Institute of Hospitality’s complete portfolio
- To increase revenue
- To have a pro-active sales approach
- To create and build relationships with new and emerging clients
- To support established clients to ensure customer satisfaction leading to retention and increased revenue
- To initiate new Company sponsored contacts, manage the relationship with a methodical approach to the sales process
Skills and Knowledge:
- The post holder must be entitled to work and live in the UK
- Experience in a sales environment
- A commercial and sales driven approach to the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be a demonstrable team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Comfortable with using the internet for research purposes
- Knowledge of the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries
- Experience of working in a membership based organisation
- Experience of understanding the work of charities and professional associations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated with an outgoing and positive attitude
- Able to manage multiple tasks to differing daily and weekly deadlines
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to the work involved and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work without close supervision as well as part of a larger team
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Institute of Hospitality is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The salary is up to £25,000 per year dependent upon experience and pro-rata for part-time
The working hours are 21 hours per week which can be worked at home, within reason to Surrey.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV to Joanne Smith, Head of Executive Office.