Customer Care Advisor
Job Title: Customer Care Advisor
Reports to: Customer Performance Leader
Hours: Full time and part time hours available including 20 hours weekly (during school hours) and 16 hours weekly.
Salary: £19,000 pro rata
One of the biggest things we can all do to tackle climate change is switch to clean power. At Good Energy, we’ve been giving people that choice since 1999. We supply thousands of homes and businesses with 100% renewable electricity, sourced from local, independent generators. And, by working with our customers, generators and investors, we’re achieving our purpose of powering a cleaner, greener future together.
We’re now beginning an exciting new chapter in our story, which will see us explore innovative ways to help more and more homes and businesses use clean, renewable power. To do this, we need talented people to join us. And that’s where you come in. Join us, and become part of a team whose day-to-day work contributes to building a more sustainable world for us all.
What’s the role?
Providing exceptional support and advice to our customers has always been at the heart of Good Energy’s business. The Customer Contact team is at the forefront of delivering this service and as the voice of Good Energy, naturally interacts with our customers in a way that reflects our unique values.
Our commitment to the evolution of our approach to service will mean this will not be a typical customer service role. We are looking for people who share our customers’ commitment to a cleaner greener future, and can give them an exceptional level of technically well informed service.
This means not only ensuring the basics of good customer service are delivered brilliantly, but increasingly supporting them with energy efficiency and technology advice to help them efficiently use the energy they consume, and in some cases generate, in their home.
A little more about what you’ll be doing. . .
- Answering our customers’ queries through telephony, email, and web/digital channels, in a way that maximises effective and efficient resolution for our customers.
- Delivering exceptional customer service ensuring each interaction provides a customer experience that focuses on fulfilling the customer’s needs, and builds trust and value with them.
- Continuously developing your knowledge relating to the energy industry, energy efficiency, and renewables to ensure you can effectively support and develop customer knowledge
- Increasingly delivering an excellent sales service to Good Energy customers, through the effective promotion of appropriate cross-sell and up-sell offers
- Delivering to targets that ensure we best meet our customer needs and demand
- Proactively owning your development and learning to ensure you remain expert in any new Good Energy propositions and industry developments
- Identifying opportunities and making recommendations to enable the business to constantly improve its delivery to customers
Is this you?
Whilst we want you to become an energy specialist don’t worry if you have no previous experience in the field. If you have the right attitude, acumen for learning, interest in technology and share our passion for protecting the world from climate change, we will match your passion and attitude by investing in the right development of your knowledge and skills.
This is a role that requires a positive, self-motivated, driven person who is passionate about delivering exceptional service through innovative clean energy offerings. You are confident in learning new systems and working with industry changing technologies.
You will be an excellent communicator capable of delivering clear messages to any audience. You should be a people person who, through good listening and questioning skills, can quickly identify customer types and work to support individual needs.
You will be confident in building strong relationships across Good Energy and use these relationships effectively to efficiently provide our customers with the right information, guidance and advice.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
You must have…
• An interest and awareness of renewable generation and eco-friendly technology
• Exceptional customer service skills, in particular communication skills both verbal and written
• Analytical, with a strong ability to problem solve
• Technology minded, effective and accurate computer and system navigation skills
• Quick learner with a thirst for knowledge
• Proactive about building your own knowledge and driving your own development
• A good team player, sharing and collaborating with others
• Motivated, positive, confident and personable
It would be a bonus if you have…
- knowledge or experience of renewables, energy and microgeneration.
- Holds a relevant degree level qualification or vocational equivalent
Our Purpose: ‘Powering the choice of cleaner greener future, together’
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
We also have some amazing benefits that we offer our people, including:
- Bonus at all levels
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- Holiday Purchase scheme
Along with many more benefits
Where to find us
Good Energy is based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. We’ve been here since the very beginning and are busy planning a new state-of-the-art headquarters to call our future home. We’re just a two-minute walk away from the train station, with fast connections to Bristol, Swindon and the surrounding area.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 17th February 2019