Night Community Support Worker
Avenues is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
Avenues East, Community Support Services (CSS) supports children, young people and adults who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairments and complex health needs. CSS provides a range of services and support including;
- activities, social groups, short breaks and events,
- supporting people to access and participate in voluntary work,
- supporting people to live as independently as possible, to participate fully as a member of the community and to live their life as they wish.
We are looking for a Full time Night Support Worker to provide a range of support across CSS in Felixstowe, Ipswich and Stowmarket - contracted to work 37 hours a week. This exciting and varied role will include 1:1 support to assist the people we support during their everyday life, including support within their own home, out and about in the community and to enable them to take part in activities of their choice. There will also be opportunities to provide group support at the range of activities, social groups, short breaks and events that our service delivers.
Due to the nature of this role it is essential that the successful applicant holds a full valid driving licence and has access to their own vehicle.
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Up to 25 annual leave days + 8 bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Extensive three month induction and tailored career development
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
You don’t need any previous experience or training (we’ll provide lots of that). But you will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and…
- be caring and sympathetic
- be passionate about supporting others
- be flexible to work waking night shifts over a 7 day rota; 37 hours per week
Apply today by sending an up-to-date CV to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a difference to someone’s life.