Mental Health Commissioning Manager
Southern Hill Hospital is currently seeking a Commissioning/Marketing Manager to join our team. We are looking for somebody with a proven track record of working within a targeted environment, building and maintaining relationships and somebody who thrives working under pressure. We are looking for somebody that has a strong network with Commissioners and professionals within Clinical Commissioning Groups and local authorities, ideally this will be in the East Anglia area.
The main focus of the Commissioning Marketing/Manager is to increase occupancy. You will also be required to work with colleagues across the organisation; operations, finance and senior management to ensure that a cohesive approach to development is maintained. A key measure to your success will be in the incremental increase of occupancy levels throughout our service. You will have a great degree of autonomy to make this happen, but at its heart, your approach will need to be reflective of our values and respect for our colleagues and service users.
We are looking for somebody who;
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and engage with individuals at all levels.
- Has a track record of working in partnership with a range of senior professionals to develop new business opportunities.
- Will thrive in an externally facing role and who will have the charisma and gravitas to represent our organisation at a strategic level
- Has experience working in a similar role within the mental health sector
- Significant working knowledge of specialised commissioning and/or mental health services from a commissioner/marketing or provider perspective
- Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement
- Demonstrable evidence of utilising negotiating skills to reach a satisfactory outcome.
- Evidence of planning and delivering programmes, projects and services on time.
- Experience in specialist mental health commissioning
- Experience of contract management
- A good understanding of the current health transformation agenda for mental health
- Knowledge of tertiary mental health services
- Experience of performance management
- Good negotiation skills and a confident communicator
- Demonstrable experience of developing provider/commissioner relationships
- Develop localised sales and marketing plans
About the hospital:
Southern Hill Hospital provides assessment, care and treatment to people who are experiencing their first episode of mental health symptoms, and to those experiencing long term and enduring mental illness, supporting them in their journey to recovery.
Southern Hill Hospital is a beautiful renovated Victorian building with extensive woodland gardens and grounds providing privacy and tranquillity, within 18 acres of outstanding natural beauty close to the North Norfolk coast.
We have 25 mental health beds across 2 wards as well as a 5 bed PICU. We are able to offer a 24 hour acute admission within a safe and secure environment.