Bayford House, Newbury
Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed Registered Nurse to join our exceptional team at Bayford House in Newbury. At Bupa our residents are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about making lives better, are you?
Join Bupa and be the Nurse you want to be.
What you'll be doing
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
- Weekend enhancements of £1 per hour
- Night Shift: 8pm - 8am (Paid breaks)
- Full time, part time and bank contracts available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
What you'll need
- A demonstrable passion for caring for the elderly and infirm and a flair for helping people maintain their independence and choice in homely surroundings
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
Why do Nurses choose Bupa?
- NMC annual pin payment covered*
- Staff referral bonus of up to £1000 per referral
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Subsidised Taxis
- Choose weekly hours that suit you - Full time, Part time and bank contracts available
- Child care vouchers
- Re-validation Champions
- Bupa's specially designed Nurse Pathway
- Continuous CPD and access to external scholarships and academic development
- Autonomy to practice
- Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- Accelerated Career Progression
- Access to employee health benefits and discounts
- Interest free travel ticket loans
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
About the home
Located in the leafy village of Stockcross on the outskirts of Newbury, turn-of-the-century Bayford House is set back within six acres of landscaped gardens and provides a relaxing haven for residents requiring nursing care.
Newdale Court is adjoined to the main house, and offers ten 19 independent living suites which feature spacious accommodation, en suite facilities and direct patio access onto the stunning grounds. Residents are welcome to take part in the range of activities running within the home, including gardening clubs, painting and flower arranging sessions, and are welcome to try their hand at something new, too. The home also runs regular outings for afternoon tea, to the pub, local garden centre and local areas of interest.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa is committed to an environment that will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant, or employee, is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
*Payment will be made after completion of one year's service