ACS are looking for an Associate to join the Liverpool office of a well-established law firm on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to join the Shipping department to deal with both commercial and contentious matters.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on ship sale and purchase, terminal and port operations and European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIGs)
- Advising lenders on recovery and sale of vessels under security documentation
- Public inquests following fatality, jurisdictional issues and indemnity and contribution proceedings
- Major recovery actions for unpaid shipping and bunker claims
- Preparing and reviewing standard terms and conditions
- Vessel arrests
- Bill of lading disputes
Requirements of the candidate include:
- Qualified Solicitor or equivalent (e.g. Legal Executive)
- Maritime and contentious experience preferred
- Able to prioritise tasks and to work under pressure
- Demonstrable understanding of clients, colleagues and others
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good adherence to deadlines, guidelines and procedures (client and internal)
- Excellent organisational skills
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.