Policy Team Leaders - opportunity to work flexibly - 2 year contract
The closing date for the above vacancy has been extended to 29 March 2019. This will provide a further opportunity for applicants to apply for the advertised role in DExEU which is an inclusive employer.
Our roles offer the opportunity to work with stakeholders at the most senior levels, including Ministers. You will play a supporting role in delivering policies of significance in the context of our exit from the EU. You can expect to be involved in issues that are a priority for the UK Government and of wider national interest. You’ll be a team player, leading on your area of work to deliver success.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Leading on a group of policy areas within a Directorate;
- Writing and overseeing briefings for senior officials and Ministers ahead of key meetings with European counterparts, Cabinet colleagues and stakeholders;
- Leading on engagement strategy for European counterparts;
- Having responsibility for and being ‘the expert’ on a specific policy area for your Directorate;
- Engaging on cross-cutting policy areas, working across DExEU and central government departments to ensure join up in approach;
- Analysing evidence and developing policy positions, working directly with other Government departments and stakeholders;
- Managing and setting direction for a team of Policy Leads; and
- Leading on specific corporate responsibilities to shape the Department and the way it operates.
Some domestic and foreign travel could be required.
In this campaign, we’re also offering roles in our Priority Project Unit where there are even greater opportunities for more complex, significant and fast paced work.
We are looking for highly motivated policy professionals with an enthusiastic approach to their work to be our catalysts for progress. If successful in this role, you will:
- Analyse information;
- Draft and succinctly distill key messages;
- Find creative solutions to meet deadlines; and
- Collaborate with colleagues and partners to contribute to your strategic goals.
Working in a team, you’ll thrive in challenging circumstances, supporting and empowering others to do the same, and you will be able to maintain your resilience working through complex challenges. To do this, it would be helpful for you to have high-level government experience or knowledge of EU policy, alongside your confident and motivational leadership, strategic acumen and tried and tested ability to deliver.
In return for sharing your experience and skills with us in these roles, DExEU offers you a great benefits package, including:
- family friendly flexibility for work life balance;
- a learning and development offer second to none; and
- a flexible and competitive reward offer.