Apprentice Station Manager
In 2019, Southern Railway and Gatwick Express are looking for motivated, people focused individuals to join our company on an 18 month Station Manager Apprenticeship Scheme. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your leadership skills and begin a rewarding career.
If you love providing outstanding customer service and have a passion for people, this could be the opportunity for you!
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Apprenticeship – Complete a Level 4 Apprenticeship Programme in Passenger Transport Management.
- Support – You’ll get the support, knowledge and experience that you need to become one of our Future Leaders.
- Career Development - On completion of the Apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to apply for many roles in different areas of the business.
- Culture – Join a diverse organisation where women and men from all walks of life influence how our business continues to grow.
- Benefits – 25 days holiday per year, an excellent pension scheme, free travel across our network, 75% discount off other rail service providers.
What’s the job actually like?
- Hours – 37 hours a week on varied shift patterns. You’ll know when your days off will be, so that you can plan how work fits in with your family and other commitments.
- Learn – You will receive on the job training whilst completing a structured Apprenticeship Scheme. We’ll teach you how to effectively influence and communicate with your customers, as well as manage, lead and inspire your colleagues.
- Responsibility – Being responsible from day one, you will gain valuable and real-life experiences that will develop your leadership ability.
- Variety – No two days will be the same in this fast paced environment.
Who are we looking for?
- Customer Focus – We put customers at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for individuals that share our passion for people and are able to provide a high level of customer service.
- People Oriented – We aim to provide an environment for our staff where they feel valued. You will play a role in supporting and developing our staff.
- Motivated – We’re looking for candidates who want to make a difference in their work and enjoy developing their skills to further their career.
- Adaptable – The Station Manager role is an ‘out and about’ role, with responsibility across a wide range of tasks. If you enjoy variety, then this could be the role for you.
- Experience - If you have current management experience - great. If not, no problem, you just need to demonstrate that you have the potential to develop into a leadership role.
We’re building a better rail service by developing great careers.
To see what it's like to be a Station Manager, view our video - https://vimeo.com/317486754