Payroll Administrator - Cardiff
New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP 'Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of 'Best Recruitment and Training Services - Wales’ - Business Excellence Awards 2016
We have an exciting opportunity within our Cardiff Head office for a Payroll Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for paying workers across our group of companies and maintaining the Companies’ payroll systems by following the Companies’ procedures. The role is numerically challenging and therefore the successful candidate should be adept at problem solving and handling large sums of money with motivation and discipline to work to strict deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Process P45 and New Starter Checklist for new starters.
- Calculate and process holiday pay.
- Calculate and process all statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, SPL, ShPP).
- Processing Work Place Pension - Auto Enrolment.
- Downloading tax codes/student loans online and processing.
- Updating and maintaining holiday pay accruals for temporary workers.
- Offering telephone and email support, and providing advice in relation to pay, Tax, NI, Pension, Student Loans, AOE etc.
- Processing and Submitting RTI (FPS & EPS)
- Preparing and posting payroll journals to accounting system.
- Completing year end procedures and returns.
- Identifying control weaknesses/improvements & bring them to management’s attention.
- Supporting team and observing experienced colleagues in all processes.
- Able to support change management.
- Experience of payroll or substantial transferrable skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experienced user of RDB, Pegasus, StaffPlan or Select Pay desirable.
- Excellent PC skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Enthusiastic and positive in approach.
- City centre location in Cardiff
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs.
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest.
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.