Bank Therapeutic Care Worker (Merrywood House)
Bank Therapeutic Care Worker
Are you interested in working with children?
Childhood First is a charity with a long and successful history of providing integrated programmes of care, education and treatment for traumatised children and young people with complex emotional and psychological needs. Merrywood House is a specialist residential children’s home providing a programme of care, treatment and education for up to 6 children aged between 10 to 18 years.
Childhood First is a teaching organisation; we encourage and facilitate the learning of our team by offering opportunities to undertake further psychotherapeutic and management training, leading to a range of academic and professional qualifications.
Benefits we offer include:
- Generous holiday allowance;
- Up to 6% employer pension contribution;
- Health benefit and life assurance;
- The unique opportunity to become a qualified child psychotherapist whilst working in a children’s home;
- Flexible working opportunities.
Bank Therapeutic Care Workers
£7.83 per hour
Experience of working with children therapeutically or in a residential setting is desirable. The role entails safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people to develop to their full potential. This is accomplished through working as part of a team to develop safe, supportive and nurturing relationships with children and working with external stakeholders/partners to meet the overall needs of the children placed at the home.
- Diploma/ NVQ Level 3 in children and young people or equivalent qualification
- Significant experience of working within an Ofsted registered children’s home
Why Apply for the Bank Therapeutic Care Workers Role?
- Fantastic opportunity within a well-established, secure and reputable organisation;
- Excellent salary with opportunity to increase it and progress within Charity;
- Brilliant working ethos with strong therapeutic emphasis;
- Strong support structures from management.
Closing date: On-going recruitment
Childhood First is committed to safeguarding children. We follow safer recruitment guidelines and all appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS and references.
No Recruitment Agencies, we only work with our approved PSL.