Our client is a is a dedicated quality Live in Care Provider, regulated by CQC who provides Live in Care services across the UK to a variety of client groups. They are currently expanding and looking for a motivated individual to join them in delivering their quality care service the UK.
£28,000 per annum | Mon-Fri/9:00-5:30 | Company Car/Phone/Laptop | 28 Days Annual Leave | Home/Field Based | Regular UK Travel | Experiences/Compassionate/Quality Focussed | Care Management/Paperwork/Reporting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join the company as a Care Manager. This role is to work within the management team and is the perfect role for a compassionate individual looking to join a company passionate about providing person centred care.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- To assist in ensuring that safe and effective care is provided to all Service Users
- To work in accordance with standards agreed with the Registered Manager, legislative requirements, relevant regulations, and in line with accepted best practices.
- To provide leadership to Care Workers.
- Create and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
- Promote and implement company policies and procedures.
- To maintain care and management skills at the current level, and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required.
- To always act in an open and transparent manner, irrespective of who the Care Manager is dealing with (i.e. Registered Manager, Care Workers, Service Users or external personnel).
- Assist with the orientation and induction of new Care Workers.
- To assist individual Care Workers to develop in their role and their level of compliance with agreed standards.
- Ensure that Supervision and Annual Reviews take place for all Care Workers at specified intervals.
- To maintain regular contact with Franchise Partners related to the generation of referrals; and the induction of Care Workers.
- To maintain ongoing and regular contact with the Registered Manager and Executive Director to ensure safe, effective and responsive care delivery.
- To immediately report any issues of concern related to the care provided to Service Users, Care Worker performance, deterioration in Service User’s presentation, etc.
- To ensure that proper selection and assessment procedures for potential Service Users are undertaken, and to determine whether the company are able to meet their needs.
- To carry out introductory visits each time a Care Worker visits a customer for the first time.
- To ensure that Service Users have a lifestyle according to their wishes, and that it is as meaningful and purposeful as possible.
- To ensure that all Service Users have a Person Centred Care Plan that reflects their personal support needs, wishes and aspirations and to promote a culture of person centred care planning for all Service Users.
- To ensure that comprehensive care risk assessments are compiled for all Service Users, based on the individual Service Users’ needs and requirements. To ensure that these risk assessments are evaluated and reviewed on the dates agreed or sooner if the Service Users circumstances change.
- To complete an assessment of the Service Users property; highlighting all relevant hazards.
- To ensure that all Service Users are safeguarded at all times; and that safeguarding alerts happen correctly, appropriately and in good time to the Registered Manager or Executive Director.
- To work with the Registered Manager to ensure that the issues highlighted from audits are rectified in good time; and to always work to ensure compliance with both the Care Quality Commission and Local Councils.
- To visit Service Users on a monthly basis; as a minimum. The purpose of these visits include conducting Spot Checks, liaising with Service Users, conducting Care Plan reviews and providing supervision to Care Workers.
- To complete audits as required e.g. Care Plans, Risk Assessments, Daily Records, etc.
- To ensure the accuracy and completeness of the paperwork held in customer’s homes.
- To respond to complaints from Service Users, their families, Social Workers, etc in an open and transparent manner.
- Ensure Service User’s rights are protected.
- Assist in solving day-to-day issues that arise.
- To carry out on-call duties as per the Care Manager On-Call rota.
- In an emergency, provide cover in the absence of a Care Worker.
- To liaise with colleagues in Poland whenever required. This includes issues related to Care Workers transport to and from the United Kingdom, Care Worker performance and any issues related to Service Users.
- Maintain a good relationship with the Care Workers for whom you are responsible; and the Franchise Partner you support.
- Attend meetings with colleagues and line manager when required.
- To participate in the training of Franchise Partners.
- To be available to support Care Workers at all times.
- To notify Service Users when their Care Worker is going to change.
- Create and uphold an open, positive and inclusive organisational culture.
- Minimise legal risks by ensuring that policies/procedures and all legislative and registration requirements are adhered to.
- To represent and promote the interests of the company at external events and with healthcare professionals.
- To support the business as the need arises; with occasional evening and weekend working.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care
- Experienced in management or leading a team in a care setting
- Leadership skills
- Passionate about person-centred care
- Eye for detail and a great deal of accuracy
- Strong understanding of CQC standards and regulations
- Driving licence and willingness to travel throughout the UK (when required)
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.