Cover and Activities Administrator
Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a Cover and Activities Administrator on behalf of a college in Cambridge.
The Cover and Activities Administrator will report to the Director of Operations and will work closely with the Administration Manager, other administrative staff and the wider staff also.
The role of the Cover and Activities Administrator will be to support the Administration Manager by:
- Creating the termly online sign-up lists for extra-curricular clubs
- Monitoring the extra-curricular clubs replies online, managing the waiting lists and preference list and answering parent queries
- Administering club membership where this is by invitation
- Confirm club membership to parents at the end of the termly sign-up window, recording the information in pupil timetables
- Recording changes to club membership throughout the term, in line with waiting lists and predefined preferences
- Assist in the administration of the sign-up process for after school care (Byron House Waiters, Senior House Waiters, Whitfield Waiters)
- Maintaining attendance lists and recording any changes on the day for billing purposes
- Staffing the reception desk at Senior House from 4:30-6pm Monday to Friday, to gather in attendance lists from clubs and after school care activities, follow up any unexplained absences with parents, maintain accurate records for billing and fire safety.
- Acting as the main nominated First Aider from 4:30-6pm, providing emergency medical assistance when required.
- Assisting the Administration Manager in arranging staffing cover for clubs.
- Ensuring all children are collected at the end of the day.
- Arranging any cover for the day (from 10am if working full-time, or earlier if working part
- time) as well as assist in the forward planning of coverfor absences and events which are already known in advance.
- assist in the setting up, running and tidying up from events, as well as meeting and greeting visiting speakers, ensuring the proper safeguarding protocols have been followed as per the Visiting Speakers Policy.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience in a relevant, similar position or ability to demonstrate the required competencies to fulfill the duties of the role as outlined.
- Proven organisational skills and an ability to undertake scheduling tasks.
- Very strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and high numeracy and literacy skills.
- Strong IT skills or the willingness to acquire them with the support of the school.
- A current first aid qualification or the willingness to undergo first aid training funded by the School.
- An ability to work well under pressure of time and prioritise.
- A capacity to work in a team and also to be self-managing.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff, parents and outside agencies.
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent standard.
- A commitment to the school's educational ethos and aims.
- The willingness to undertake any training funded by the School.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of both colleagues and pupils.
- Overall, the successful candidate will wish to play a full part in a thriving and highly caring community
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Mon to Fri 37.5 - 34 weeks per year, plus additional 4 weeks outside of term time
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy.
Our Recruitment Consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise in Temporary Staffing Solutions and Permanent Introductions across our seven Specialist Recruitment Divisions; Office Support, Legal & HR - Industrial & Manufacturing - Finance &