Client Executive Director - Securities Services
- HSBC Securities Services (HSS) provides industry leading securities services to corporate and institutional clients worldwide, and is a significant part of the Global Banking & Markets division.
- Within HSS, the Client Executive Director role is critical to supporting and growing the HSS business, with primary responsibility and accountability for:
- The overall client - HSS relationship, client satisfaction and retention;
- Commercials - profitability and growth (organic and cross sales); and
- Service, product strategy/delivery and contractual arrangements.
- The purpose of the role is to manage and advocate the service requirements of our clients, to create and maintain the highest levels of client satisfaction HSS products and to support the continued growth of our client relationships.
- In doing so, the Client Executive will ensure that an effective client management strategy is implemented and adhered to, resulting in;
- A fully reference-able client base with limited/zero attrition;
- Sustainable growth from new or incremental business and cross sales in line with HSS commercial and risk parameters; and
- An industry-recognised, best in class client management proposition.
- The role has core responsibilities for commercial relationship management across all HSS products for the assigned clients within the sector as a subset of the financial targets for HSS in Europe.
- Key responsibilities revolve around client account plans in tandem with HSS Strategic Sales & Product management whilst ensuring that all account plans in the sector are aligned with the Global Banking and Markets (GB&M) group plans. The role holder is responsible for the overall satisfaction, experience and retention of allocated clients.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders throughout the industry will also be key to the success of the role, and will require interaction with our marketing teams to ensure market messaging is understood, and industry events are planned in close conjunction with the sales and product functions.
- In summary, the Client Executive will be responsible for the implementation, retention, and growth of their client base and will be both internally and externally focused. Stakeholder management across operational, product and sales teams will also be a key requirement. Many of the HSS teams, including Client Management, are virtual and spread over multiple geographical locations, making the role of the single client advocate within HSS a crucial component of the success of the business.
- For clients that procure HSBC Securities Services in more than one region the role will have overarching responsibility and accountability for the global relationship working with virtual teams in the relevant regions
Impact on Business
- Develop, implement and track account plans for HSS prospects for all products and services that aligns with the financial and profitability targets for our European business. This includes ownership and accountability for incremental revenue generation programs and agreed cross sell targets working in conjunction with HSBC product groups including but not limited to securities lending, FX, cash management and derivatives clearing.
- Ensure that all client specific account plans are in place within HSS and are globally aligned and integrated with the broader GRM client development agenda to drive business development including but not limited to cross selling linked services, client satisfaction surveys, calling plans for strategic client executives and remediation plans where appropriate.
- Accountability for revenue retention and growth from new business, incremental business and cross selling.
- Sponsor all client opportunities and be accountable for all deal management, pipeline reporting and business approval processes and procedures, working in tandem with strategic sales where relevant.
- Ensure all internal systems and documents are updated and accurate.
- The role will require interaction with our marketing function to ensure market messaging is understood, and industry events are planned and supported in conjunction with the Strategic sales and product functions.
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- Client centricity focus
Customers / Stakeholders
- Group Clients- C-Suite
- HSS Executive Team
- GB&M Stakeholders
- Group functions as relating to new business sign of and risk items
- HSS Service Delivery Management
- HSS Product & Strategic sales