Personal Assistant, Knowledge Team
The knowledge team in London provide essential legal support to the EMEA practice and to its clients including legal training for fee earners and for clients, maintenance of our internal knowledge database (including precedents and guidance notes), assisting fee earners on transactional work queries and support in relation to client facing microsites, blogs and other publications.
To work as part of a highly motivated secretarial/administrative team to provide professional, proactive, high level secretarial support to the Central Knowledge Team (including the Global Director of Knowledge and EMEA Regional Head of Knowledge).
The role will be best suited for an indiviudal looking for their first or second step in their professional career.
- To produce and amend documents with speed and accuracy, this includes legal documents along with some marketing documents (i.e. Bids/Briefings)
- To format, paginate, number and present documents in Norton Rose Fulbright LLP house style
- To proof read all work, checking for spelling and grammar
- To be a user of key software packages, (i.e. Word/PowerPoint/Excel) and take responsibility for any training (e.g. MOS) to improve relevant skills needed to meet the needs of the business
- To proactively work with the Central Knowledge team and any fee earners to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet clients’ expectations and deadlines
- Manage diaries of Global Director of Knowledge and Regional Head of Knowledge (EMEA) in Microsoft Outlook to include:
- Making and re-arranging appointments and proactively managing conflicts
- Organising client meetings
- Sending and responding to invites
- Booking restaurants
- Arranging travel to meetings
- Arranging meetings and conferences on behalf of the Central Knowledge team, including booking meeting rooms and organising online conference calls (e.g. Webex)
- To prepare papers for meetings and deal with any necessary paperwork etc. following meetings
- Make travel arrangements as requested by the Central Knowledge Team, to include:
- Preparing itineraries
- Booking hotels
- Booking flights
- Booking taxis/transfers
- Arranging cash/currency/visa/passport etc
- Process expense claims, payment requisition forms and returned advances
- Organising team events, including external and internal client events, ensuring business development activities are recorded
- To ensure that all electronic filing and paper-based filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals
- To carry out photocopying and scanning as required
- To carry out any other regular project work as directed by the Central Knowledge team, including but not limited to:
- Management Committee and Partnership report compilation
- Core Topics Administration
- Coordination of external training requests
- Bible loading requests
- Administration of the Turning Technology equipment
- To show a positive approach and interest in the work that your team are undertaking
- Show initiative when responding to queries and actively try to seek solutions to problems
- To support your team when clients are demanding the work product to be delivered
- To support and build working relationships with your team as well as other members of the Knowledge team and to actively work for the interests of the whole team
- To support and build working relationships with your colleagues in the secretarial team and to actively get involved in working activities within the team
- To be flexible with a positive and committed attitude; willingness to be on call out of hours
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills
- To immediately clarify instructions from the Central Knowledge team and fee earners should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit
- To respond to internal and external telephone enquiries politely and professionally and take accurate telephone messages (name/number/company), passing them on to the relevant team member etc
- To support other members of the secretarial team and to provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets the required deadlines
- To provide full support in the full range of activities that are performed and to carry out any other duties as reasonably requested
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in relation to confidential client and/or team matters with a professional attitude.
Skills and Experience Required
- English Language GCSE or equivalent
- Secretarial qualifications/ILEX secretarial certificate/diploma qualification desirable but not essential
- Accurate and computer literate
- Ability to use initiative/problem solve
- Organised with an ability to meet deadlines
- Pro-active and positive with an ability to build working relationships
- Strong communication skills and telephone techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confident and professional with an ability to use own judgment
- Flexible with an ability to work outside core hours if required.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE - we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.