Senior Insight Manager
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Insight Manager who is bright, enthusiastic, outgoing, and works well within a team. The role will involve building relationships with prospective clients and also project managing a combination of market research and marketing projects for clients. This job would suit someone who has a market research or data analytics background and who also enjoys proactive networking and handling commercial leads.
The Insight team is a thriving and growing part of Mumsnet; lots of brands want to hear what our users have to say about their products or services. Our recent clients include Sky, Animal Friends Insurance, Aquafresh, Tesco and Dreams. The range of projects is vast and no two days are the same; there are always new opportunities for keen team members to make their mark.
What you’ll be doing:
For around 70% of the time:
- managing inbound enquiries from prospective clients;
- networking with prospective clients and generating new leads (for example at events, through the wider Commercial team, or via LinkedIn);
- designing insight solutions and writing proposals.
For around 30% of the time:
- managing market research and marketing projects, including liaising with clients to make sure projects run smoothly;
- writing reports and presenting findings back to clients;
- liaising with Mumsnet users who participate in Insight projects.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in and enthusiasm for insight and research;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication styles;
- A flair for data analysis and writing surveys;
- Experience in aspects of project management;
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- A keen attention to detail in written and numerical outputs/documents;
- The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Creative thinking in finding quick, appropriate solutions to challenges;
- Empathy with parents and an understanding of the issues they care about;
- Initiative and drive – the ability, once trained, to take a project and run with it.
How we’ll support you:
- Weekly or bi-weekly -ones with line manager to review progress, agree roles and provide support;
- Formal six-monthly appraisals;
- LinkedIn online learning and bi-weekly ‘drop everything and learn’ sessions (training to be agreed with your line manager);
- Initial training across the Insight team (and others as appropriate);
- Initial briefing sessions with relevant peers and team leaders;
- Ongoing on-the-job training from your line manager.
This role reports to the Acting Head of Insight and is based in our offices in Kentish Town. This role is envisaged as full-time but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day, unless you really don’t want to go, which would be understandable.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet. View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: Friday 15th March 2019
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them, so don’t delay in applying!