BUYER / EXPEDITOR
You will be responsible for the management of assigned pre-purchase enquires from obtaining supplier quotation through to purchase order and delivery to the end user. Working cross functionally with colleagues with the Supply Chain both in the UK and Africa.
Daily duties include:
- Maintaining accurate and clear records ensuring activity tracking and demonstrating methodology
- Working cross functionally with colleagues to ensure requirements for all areas are met in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring on time delivery, challenging non-compliance in areas of responsibility. Purchase order progress monitoring and updating
- Monitoring and tracking daily/ weekly supplier deliveries to shopper in UK or USA direct from country of origin to point of delivery
- Identifying alternative suppliers for engineering / laboratory and equipment / spares requirements where OEM or suppliers are not identified.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office, statistic, typing and administration skills
- Proven knowledge of accounts and buying software
- Proven experience in a purchasing department
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Monday - Friday 0900am - 1730pm