Community Engagement Assistant
Community Engagement Assistant
Are you as passionate about working with children as you are about animals? Could you support pet care and animal welfare as a Community Engagement Assistant? If so, read on.
About Our Client
Passionate about animal welfare, our client is a leading organisation that’s dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small. Since 1924, they have worked to transform the lives of the nation’s pets through their services, special projects and public engagement initiatives.
Our client is now looking for a Community Engagement Assistant to join them in Godmanchester on a part-time basis for 32 hours per week.
- Salary of £14,759 per annum (for 32 hours per week)
- Support the smooth running of an established animal charity
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Deliver amazing animal welfare support and education programmes
If you’re an animal lover with experience in a teaching setting, this is the perfect chance to combine your skills and your passion in a part-time position where you will support creatures great and small.
As a Community Engagement Assistant, you will be responsible for communicating pet ownership messages and supporting family and adult pet ownership workshops.
Attending events throughout Cambridgeshire and the surrounding counties, you will deliver animal welfare, animal education programmes and support services to a range of audiences. These will include primary and secondary school children, adults, families and pet owners of all ages.
Your role will also involve:
- Delivering responsible pet ownership messages
- Promoting support services for pet owners and pet seekers in order to keep pets in loving homes
- Providing pet support information to visitors at our client’s centres
- Promoting our client’s aims, work and policies
- Working as part of the wider Community Engagement Team
- Reporting to the Community Services Section Manager
- Managing enquiries from schools and individuals and processing sessions bookings
- Completing the associated administration with bookings
To be considered as a Community Engagement Assistant, you will need:
- Proven experience of working with groups of children in either a formal or informal teaching environment
- Good administration and record keeping skills
- Above average competency in the use of IT and common software applications
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience of working with families in a group or on an individual basis would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of effectively engaging with other external organisations and businesses.
Previous experience of working in the Third Sector would also be advantageous, as would experience of working with volunteers or experience, or a strong understanding of our client’s charity, and their ethos.
Other organisations may call this role Outreach Officer, Animal Welfare Advisor, Education Project Co-ordinator, Classroom Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Learning and Development Assistant, Educational Assistant, or Educational Project Assistant.
The closing date for this role is the 28th February 2019. Interviews are scheduled for the 6th and 7th of March 2019.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to embark on an animal adventure as a Community Engagement Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.