Sous Chef - Isles of Scilly
Experienced Sous Chef needed - Isles of Scilly
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Sous Chef with a passion for using fresh quality ingredients.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a target-related bonus, accommodation, staff uniform and meals on duty.
In this role your essential duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the hotel's team to produce a menu & specials that are not only outstanding in quality but also efficient and costed correctly.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; control food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Coordinate the staff rotas within the required targets.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls to minimise food and supply waste.
- Encourage & motivate the team at all times.
- Attend management meetings.
- Consult with the F&B Manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skilful preparation.
- In conjunction with the F&B Manager, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
- Deal with poor performance through informal reprimands and where necessary the company disciplinary procedure.
- Can work on own initiative to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Communicate a vision of success which the team want to be part of.
You must have at least 3 years' experience at Sous Chef level.
This is a seasonal position, beginning at the start of March, finishing at the end of October.
Accommodation and meals included