Our Theale based client is recruiting a Category Manager role to join their busy procurement team.
- Supporting the Head of Capital (HOC) to buy all equipment for the Group's Managed Equipment Services schemes.
- As agreed with the HOC, work closely with Implementation and Technology to support supplier management during the equipment selection stage.
- Assist the HOC to negotiate pricing and terms, with special focus on through-life support costs.
- As agreed with the HOC, work to build into Capex ITTs terms and deliverables that support the Group's strategic objectives to self-maintain.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of Capex POs.
- Achieving agreed margins against budget targets.
- Working closely with your service contract colleagues, deliver agreed levels of supplier management, with focus on long-term sustainability, quality and profitability.
- Support the HOC in agreeing internal SLAs with our internal customers.
- Maintain capex records and from these prepare agreed monthly reports
- You will assist the HOC with circa £20M of annual spend.
- Within agreed limits, it is expected that you will have a high degree of autonomy over your tasks.
- You will be allocated an agreed target budget from which you will be expected to deliver agreed margins.
- CIPS 3 or 4, qualified or working towards
- At least 4 years procurement experience within an integrated supply chain, including managing significant spend.
- Experience within NHS/Medical would be desirable
- Experience in Cost Management, SRM and Performance Improvement.
- Experience of negotiating and specifying procurement of high value equipment.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment.
- Appreciation of whole life cost management.