At Depaul UK we are currently have an opportunity for a Nightstop Coordinator to come and join our team based in Sheffield. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,450 per annum + pension and other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Nightstop Coordinator, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Nightstop Coordinator role:
In this role you will carry out a variety of varied tasks including recruiting, training and managing volunteers, promoting the service to key stakeholders and supporting young people directly. You will also be part of a team delivering an assessment and support service that enables vulnerable and homeless people to access emergency accommodation in the homes of trained and approved volunteers.
In this role you will also be working with people who are on a longer term placement with host homes, providing a comprehensive support package to enable a smooth transition towards the goal of independent living.
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector
What will ideally support your success in the Nightstop Coordinator role?
- Experience of working with homeless and vulnerable people in crisis
- Being able to working under pressure with the ability to respond to conflicting demands.
- An understanding of the needs of people who experience homelessness, the problems they face and the resources available to address their support needs
- A clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures and how best to implement them within a service
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Nightstop Coordinator then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 4th March at 12:00pm
Interview date: 18th March 2019
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.