Care Assistant - Senior HCA Shifts
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users in Ayr and the surrounding areas of Maybole, Kilmarnock, Irvine, Kilwinning and Troon.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®What to expect in your role
You will be responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
As a Senior Carer you'll work in a similar way as a Care Assistant (HCA) but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team. You may also be involved in supervising your team and working alongside a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).Benefits
- Salary of up to £13.33/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
An SVQ3 or equivalent is highly desirable for any of our senior care roles.Your Local Team
Newcross Healthcare's Ayr branch is based in Bath Place, a short walk from the seafront and a 15-minute walk away from the train station and it is also easily accessible by car or bus.
We cover a wide range of areas from Kilwinning in the north to Cumnock in the East and Maybole in the South.Apply today and help change someone's life
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.