Senior Support Worker - Weaver Court (Bradford)
Senior Support Worker - Weaver Court (Idle, Bradford)
Contract type: full-time
Salary: GBP 18,500
Previous Experience Required.
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move up in to management?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Weaver Court is a Residential Care Home for people with Learning Disabilities.The role of the Senior Support Worker is to support the management team in supporting the supervision of the Support Worker team in their day to day activities and that new staff are inducted to their roles, including temporary and agency staff.
Taking the responsibility of running the shift as the senior person on duty, supporting people to take their medication, monitoring and recording medication, dealing with individuals' finances and petty cash, ensuring we are working to compliance and following the organization's policies and procedures. Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It's a hands-on job so you will also be supporting people with a full range of daily activities, including supporting people with personal care.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
You will have to have Support Work experience, ideally within Learning Disability setting.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- It would be an advantage if you can use a computer, produce documents in word and use emails
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
1) 'My Turning Point' bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
2) You may also benefit from our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
3) Receive a GBP 200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they're employed
4) Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme - in recognition of your excellence
5) Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
6) Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice - also available to family members.
7) Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all our team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
8) Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
9) Annual Holiday allowance - Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
10) Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
11) Excellent training opportunities leading to career development - ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1's and annual appraisals, we'll help you develop and progress your career.
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Hours: This service operates 24 hours 7 days a week, your hours will be based around a rota. You will need to be flexible to working unsocial hours which includes evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and other Religious Holidays, sleep in duties and waking nights. You will work a variety of shifts to meet the needs of the service.