Medical Receptionist/Administration Traineeship
- To receive and deal with the making of computerised appointments both personally and on the telephone in a sympathetic and highly confidential manner, dealing with general enquiries and medical results.
- To undertake the extraction and refiling of notes for surgeries and filing correspondence/medical test results. Scanning medical data onto computer held record. Maintaining the notes in good chronological order, tidying and culling contents to procedure.
- To undertake the input of prescription data into the computer and to prepare prescriptions for the doctor’s signature ensuring daily process of all prescriptions in accordance with Practice protocol. The input of medical histories and general medical records into the Computer.
- To undertake the booking of ambulance transport for patients and to liaise with hospital administrative staff and other agencies as required. Organise the booking of interpreting services when required.
- Taking precise, detailed and clearly written messages, ensuring these are dated, timed and initialled and passed to the appropriate doctor/staff member. Communicating with team members and taking follow up action as indicated.
- Maintaining the reception desk and office area in an organised manner. Ensuring that customer service is paramount and patients are greeted promptly and with respect.
- Dealing with the recording of claims and PCSE documentation as required. Dealing with any private fees as appropriate and liaising with the fees administrator when required.
- Taking instruction from the Team Supervisor in relation to specific tasks as part of the general administration and management of the practice, including the disposal to the shredding bunker of confidential material.
Hours of work - 37.5 per week between the hours of 7.30am and 8pm, and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.