We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Back-end Engineer to join our team. You’ll be joining our team as we continue building our product, a powerful web app that’s used by thousands of product managers and their teams.
You’ll be working in our engineering team to build robust new features and products. You’ll also be involved in ongoing improvements to the product and platform architecture. Your role will be primarily around problem solving and then converting that into solution in the backend.
- Ideally you’ll be proficient in Symfony 3+ and PHP - if you are great at one and keen to learn, keep reading!
- We also use NodeJS, so knowledge of this is desirable.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your experience of building complex applications or SaaS tools, as well as your skills within automated testing.
There is no typical “day-to-day” at ProdPad, but here’s a few of the ways you’ll contribute:
- Evolving our core app and architecture, along with the rest of the engineering and UX team.
- Delivering iterative improvements to our software to get in front of our customers
- Identifying new technologies and prototyping these - aiming to push our product forward in areas such as event stream processing, real-time collaboration, rules engines and services
- Owning your code and ensuring it’s well documented as we grow the team
- Working as a team player - clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with relevant colleagues.
- You’ll be using various tools throughout your day, including Slack, email - and of course ProdPad itself!
We want to hear from you! If you fit some but not all of the criteria, get in touch anyways and tell us what you’re awesome at and what you want to learn next. Let’s work together to find the perfect spot on our team for you!
Why this job is important:
Everyone likes to say they’re agile and iterate on their product quickly, but too often don’t allow for enough time and space to actually put anything like that in practice. We like to actually live that! You’ll be joining our team as we continue building our product, a powerful web app that’s used by thousands of product managers and their teams.
Your work will be seen and used by thousands of people around the world, and will give you the chance to flex your skills to create a robust, usable product that scales with our growth.
What you’ll learn in this role:
You'll work with the team identifying new technologies, prototyping them and working out how they will push the product forward in such areas as event stream processing, real-time collaboration, rules engines and services. You'll also work with others in the team to merge machine learning into the product across various areas.
ProdPad is SaaS, and is used by over 1000+ companies to help teams build better products. Our expanding list of clients include market leaders such as Spotify, WP Engine, Rackspace, Autodesk and Automattic.
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Your own choice of kit
Bike to work scheme
Season ticket loan
A good work life balance
Team social events
Flexibility and Family Friendly Policies
Learning and Development:
At ProdPad we actively encourage learning and development in your field, and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other relevant events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK