Registered Manager (Childrens Short Breaks)
Registered Manager (Children’s Short Breaks)
Treetops is our 6-bedroom short breaks unit for disabled children and young people up to the age of 18.
Position: Registered Manager - Children’s Short Breaks Unit
Location: Chertsey, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019
Interview week commencing: 8th April 2019
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Registered Manager to continue and further develop this prestigious short break unit.
Reporting to the Head of Services, duties will include:
- Overseeing the day to day operational running of Treetops
- Ensure that all practice is in line with policies, procedures and the National Minimum Standards and Regulations for Children’s Homes, monitored by Ofsted
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities
- Provide support through supervision and appraisal
- Maintain staff rotas and organise the children’s bookings
- Monitor and contribute to the assessment and implementation of service documentation
- Work with families and other professionals to provide a co-ordinated service
- Monitoring of the service provision
- Experience of SEND
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and Ofsted registration requirements
- Ability to lead, motivate and support the staff team
- Experience of managing and implementing person centred plans
- Ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels
- Care and managerial track record within a children’s registered residential setting within the last 5 years
- Worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children
- At least one year where you have supervised and managed a staff team
- A Registered Managers Award ideally a L5 Leadership and Management in Residential or willing to work towards this qualification.
Please note if you do not receive a response before the 5th April your application has been unsuccessful
The successful person will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service at enhanced level, two references and an Occupational Health check. After a 6 months’ probationary period you will be entitled to six weeks’ annual leave and pension benefits after 3 months.
You may have experience of the following: Registered Manager, Service Manager, Home Manager, Children’s Home Manager, Care Manager, Care Coordinator, Case Worker, Social Worker, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.