Correspondence Manager - opportunity to work flexibly-2 year contract
The Correspondence Team deals with all general and ministerial correspondence DExEU receives, and our aim is to respond within 20 working days. Our target is to achieve an 80% signed-first-time rate, and are driving hard to achieve this across our business.
The team is organised into SEO/ HEO-led drafting teams: each team provides direct support to specific Ministerial Private Offices, and drive the delivery of our corporate systems. Your post will be in one of these (currently four) teams, delivering high quality drafting at pace to provide a professional, consistent and continuously improving service.
You will be working as part of a motivated and focused group of professionals at the very front line of our day-to-day communication with members of the public, MPs, peers and business stakeholders. You will be answering their queries about our exit from the EU, keeping them up-to-date with relevant information on a frequent basis, and taking on ad hoc responsibilities to broaden your skills and shape your career.
The Opportunity and What We’re Looking For
B1 Officers will sit within one of our central teams outlined above, and take direct responsibility of their designated work area. They will work directly to SEO/HEO and G7 managers, ensuring consistent delivery of the highest quality service to our numerous stakeholders. This will mean, but is not limited to:
● demonstrating high quality written material;
● presenting a professional and efficient interface for departmental, cross-government and Private Office colleagues;
● project managing individual pieces of work or taking personal responsibility for elements of bigger projects, working often to tight deadlines;
● excellent stakeholder management skills, supporting B2s / G7s in liaising with policy officials or Ministerial Private Offices on any matters arising, without exerting unnecessary pressure;
● maintaining and improving levels of service through constant team communication and collective evaluation;
● ensuring accurate and well-maintained records for your area of responsibility to support accurate reporting of performance statistics to senior leaders.
Further to the above, we can also ask you to take on any other work within the team that is appropriate to this grade.
The successful candidates will need to be able to deliver at pace, and quickly get to grips with new work in a high-profile environment working in direct support of Private Offices, Ministers and senior officials. First class written and oral communication skills are essential and will be required from day one, in addition to confidence in recognising and escalating issues clearly, and learning from colleagues.
Excellent organisational skills, time management and good political judgement are also required, as well as the ability to work quickly and flexibly under pressure while remaining calm, focused and professional.
You will be confident working as part of a team, and keen to maintain DExEU’s positive, supportive and inclusive culture.
We take your development seriously at DExEU. The successful candidates will be given the opportunity of Development and enhanced skills learning.
Other roles within the Corporate Strategy, Correspondence and FOI area may become available. We will consider any applicants for this role for other roles that become available.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer.