Principal Teacher of Modern Languages - Brae High School
Brae High School is a non-denominational school located in Brae. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S6 for children from the north mainland of Shetland. The structure of the school is Early Years, P1-P7 which includes composites, and S1-6 classes. There are currently a total 303 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current Head Teacher is Kirsty MacPherson. Further information can be found on the schools website at .
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is Principal Teacher - Job Size 3
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3112 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 28.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for remote working
- FTE of post: 0.8
- Sector/subject specialism: Modern Languages
- Class information, age range: Primary 5 - Secondary 6
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Brae High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Kirsty MacPherson, Head Teacher, onor email
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.