Finance Manager ( Various roles). Opportunity to work flexibly - 2 year contract
The Corporate Centre sits at the heart of DExEU and provides the operational support for the rest of the Department, covering Security, IT, Estates, Corporate Strategy, Finance and HR.
The Finance team sits within the Corporate Centre and provides the full range of finance services for the Department. The team is responsible for delivery of a number of activities including management of the Department’s Estimates and Budgets, Annual Report and Accounts, Finance Business Partners, Systems and Process Improvement and Management Information
Role 1: Financial Planning and P2P Manager
This role is responsible for managing the P2P process within the Department and assisting with the Financial Planning. This is a broad role, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, but offers the opportunity to shape policy and processes within the Department.
- Management of the P2P Process. This will include, but not limited to:
- Reviewing current P2P procedures and structures to identify risks and weaknesses
- Designing, building and implementing a new P2P process
- Engaging with the business to deliver the new process and to support the resolution of issues such as receipting, invoices-on-hold and GRNI
- Regular data cleansing
- Responding to audit queries relating to P2P
- Supporting the G7 on the Estimates process for the Department (Mains and Supplementary) and OSCAR reporting.
- Leading on key reporting requirements, such as Transparency (£25k and GPC)
- Responsibility for the ePCS and expenses processes including compliance monitoring
- Oversight of team members, by way of work task management
Role 2: Financial Accountant – Payroll
Payroll is the largest area of expenditure incurred by the Department. This role is responsible for ensuring that total pay is appropriately and accurately recorded in the Department’s accounts, that controls are in place to ensure that the Department does not breach pay budgets and for monitoring and reconciling underlying entries in order to demonstrate full compliance.
- Working with the Planning G7 on the preparation and reporting of pay transactions, balances and budgets
- Development of robust, accurate payroll and headcount forecasts for the Department including cross departmental engagement to improve current processes
- Liaising with HR to monitor and report on the Department’s pay remit throughout the year
- Preparation of manual payroll journals as part of the month-end process to ensure all costs are captured correctly in the ledgers
- Preparation of payroll information to feed into the Departmental Annual Report and Accounts
- Act as key point of contact for NAO on the audit of pay type balances and transactions including the provision and validation of all supporting evidence and key liaison point within the Department
- Responsible for ensuring DExEU compliance, monitoring and reporting for off payroll disclosures
- Completion of payroll information for any cross-government returns
- Collating information for and drafting responses to Freedom of Information requests and Parliamentary Questions relating to payroll
Role 3: Financial Accountant
This is a broad role, which will support the Financial Control team across all areas of Finance.
- Review and develop the financial control environment to ensure that it remains relevant to the fluidity of DExEU’s work, and ensuring there is a robust audit trail to support all of the Department’s transactions
- Meet reporting commitments to HMT, CO and HMRC
- Determine and advise on the treatment of spend
- Project managing the delivery of the Departmental Annual Report and Accounts and the Whole of Government Accounts return
- Acting as the central liaison point for the GIAA and NAO for internal audit, financial audit and Value for Money studies
- Work on other ad-hoc corporate projects: due to the size and nature of the team, you will also be expected to take on other responsibilities as required. This will include supporting the month-end, purchasing and invoicing processes.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer.