Flexible-working Continuous Improvement Business Partner
Our flexible working environment
As RS Components we offer an exciting and challenging environment where everyone has the opportunity to deliver their best and reach their full potential. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, embracing individuality and independent thinking.
We’re looking for talented people with energy and enthusiasm who share this ambition. We can offer you a culture where views, opinions and talent are respected and where you feel supported and nspired.
We are happy for you to be based in either of our London or Corby locations, whichever is easiest for you and are open to discussing further flexible working models.
Where we are based
We’re based in the brand new, trendy Pancras Square in Kings Cross really easily accessible by the multitude of rail and underground options. We also have an office in Corby a short 12 minute bus ride from the main station and just an hour away from London.
A little bit more about us
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.5bn.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company. In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
What we offer
On top of our very competitive salary we offer a range of benefits. Contact us to find out more.
Reporting to the Vice President of Continuous Improvement and driving the Continuous Improvement (CI) programme in the defined area, the CI Business Partner will work with the local leadership teams at various levels as well as being part of the Global CI team, to establish CI targets, support the delivery of Lean Six Sigma training & projects as well as increasing the CI understanding, skill set & desired CI behaviours within the area of scope.
What you'll be doing
● Set targets aligned to the strategic priorities and goals
● Recommend CI methodologies to achieve these objectives
● Drive teams to create and implement plans to achieve objectives
● Identify, lead delivery of strategic CI projects to achieve financial targets
● Identify candidates for the CI program
● Deliver training and certify to the ECM CI global standards
● Provide leadership that inspires all levels of colleagues to drive continuous improvement in their areas
● Support leadership teams in embedding CI as ‘the way of working‘
● Ensure projects and benefits are tracked and reported in accordance with the Global CI standards, accurately and on time.
● Ensure corrective actions are put in place to deliver continuous results
● Meet and exceed savings targets and improvement objectives
● Participate in the ongoing development of the CI training portfolio
● Provide regular updates to the partnered Leadership team
● Share best practices to wider CI Global team/program
● Identify and act on cost savings
A little bit about you
● Educated to degree level or equivalent, business discipline is preferred
● A recognised certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, minimum
● Significant experience of project leadership
● Experience of training & coaching Green Belts
● Demonstrates a passion & enthusiasm for Lean Six Sigma / CI
● Experience of partnering Senior Management teams in deployment of Lean Six Sigma
● Service minded
● You may have Minitab, SharePoint & MS Office including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio experience
Your transferable skills:
● Confident communicator and doer
● Always challenging the status quo
● Financially astute with a good understanding of a P&L statement
● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
● Resourceful and mature with excellent analytical skills
● High Energy; Self Starter; Resilient; Perseverance; Adaptable and Flexible
● Strategic understanding
● Thought leadership, a soundboard for Seniors
● Deliver value add solutions & insight