BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT (PART TIME; HOME BASED; SELF-EMPLOYED)
The Quality Improvement Clinic (QIC) and its learning division QIClearn™ are looking for a motivated, creative, forward-thinking individual to join the team to support our growing business. Quality Improvement Clinic (QIC) is a healthcare consultancy company whose values are reflected in its vision: Better Me, Better Service, Better Care™. QIC works with healthcare organisations, teams and individuals to improve the services they provide and the care they give to their patients.
QIClearn™ is a subsidiary enterprise of QIC. It works collaboratively with organisations to transform the way organisations deliver quality improvement: developing innovative learning that meets the practical challenges of healthcare improvement in the 21st Century. QIClearn™ designs bespoke learning programmes (digital, blended or face-to-face) tailored to organisational needs, context and audience.
We work with individuals, small teams and large groups on local and national NHS Programmes. We also deliver some training to commercial companies in the UK and oversees.
The company is growing and we now require an experienced and self-motivated person to provide Business Support and Administration to our Directors and Associates on a freelance basis.
Time and location
The role requires approximately 2-3 hours per week, with the potential for up to 2-3 days per week. It is flexible and home based. Candidates from the Portsmouth/Southampton/Winchester Area are sought in order to facilitate attendance at our monthly business meetings and with the founding Director every other week. Occasional travel within the UK may be required.
- Be able to work independently without direct supervision, contributing to team goals
- Managing the administration of learning events and on-line training courses
- Supporting preparation of teaching material
- Managing post-event evaluations and issuing certificates
- Managing correspondence with participants
- Managing the company online file system
- Maintaining and managing Powerpoint and other resources as required
- Assisting in managing updates to the website, working alongside the Business Accounts Manager
- Booking and supporting business development days
- Responding to requests and queries from clients and liaising with Associates
- Assisting with running events if required – liaising with venue staff; ordering refreshments; managing the Registration desk
- Providing accounts with information relating to invoicing and expenses in a timely manner
- Sharing great ideas for improving our business
The ideal person will be a motivated self-starter who’s keen to be part of a dynamic, growing organsiation.
They will be confident to share new ideas on processes and streamlining of our business and enjoy learning and expanding their own skills set. They should have some knowledge of the healthcare industry or educational background. They must have some awareness of social media, be creative and have lots of attention to detail. They will need to be able to work effectively in a small dynamic team.
They will also need to use the range of Microsoft Office packages proficiently including word, powerpoint, and outlook, and be comfortable using virtual conferencing via Skype, Webex, Zoom etc. The need to have a good head for numbers and be proficient in the use of spreadsheets.
The company currently engages all team members on a freelance basis. This means that they are all able to work with other clients as well as with Quality Improvement Clinic. We are looking for someone who can offer us the services we require under these terms and we are happy to negotiate on this basis.
Payment is on an hourly basis at a scale of circa £15 per hour and subject to negotiation. Initially we anticipate needing two to three hours per week, with some variation week-on-week depending on the company’s work schedule and the time available from the person appointed.
If you are interested in this role and have any questions, please see our website in the first instance. If you have any other questions please email them to Laura Longley email@example.com
If you wish to apply for this post then please send an up-to-date CV with a covering letter explaining why the post appeals and how you believe you fit the job specification
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 30th April.