Auger Torque is a manufacturing and engineering Company in the Earth Drill and Trencher Attachment market with global distribution and dealer networks.
With six manufacturing bases worldwide, we are satisfying the demand for high-quality products in over seventy countries on all seven continents.
Reporting to the Global Production & Engineering Manager, we are recruiting this role to facilitate the smooth running of materials planning across Auger Torque globally. Through materials management the individual will support delivery of KPI’s to deliver customer orders whilst making sure that the stock levels are appropriately maintained. They will professionally demonstrate the Auger Torque values being nimble, open and global in all interactions with customers, staff and visitors. The role is for 20 hours a week based at home with some time spent at our Hazleton (Cheltenham) head office.
- Planning of materials across the company globally using Sage data and excel
- Manipulating, monitoring, measuring and reviewing material data and processes and effectively communicating this information through key systems to stakeholders
- Presenting proposed purchase requisitions on the factory to each global site
- Reviewing the Key Account management forecast / stock data to determine stock holding and potential order points (presenting to each global site)
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs
- To ensure good communication with all members of staff - both face to face and using collaboration tools
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that the right team members are engaged to identify materials related root causes and take fast effective action to resolve any issues
- Be able to make appropriate decisions utilising the companies organisational structure
- To have an active role in the companies continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with previous experience in materials planning is ideal but not essential
- Someone who is keen to work flexibly with some home working
- Able to work both independently and as part of a global team
- Have a strength in being analytical and strategic – with a sound ability to stand back and consider both short and long term requirements.