Clinical Research Fellow
This post will be dedicated to undertaking clinical and translational research projects at Imperial College London and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. You will work with a dynamic group of clinicians and scientists engaged in a study of the safety and immune-modulatory effects of a novel biotherapeutic agent being investigated in an early-phase clinical trial within the centre.
You will be required to work in a group undertaking research as directed by Dr Jonathan Krell. The research project will entail recruitment, consent and management of patients within the trial, co-ordinating and undertaking translational research, data analysis and reporting the results in peer-reviewed journals.
Duties and responsibilities
- To plan and carry out research in accordance with the project aims
- To generate and display the results and interpret their physical implications
- To write progress reports and prepare results for publication and dissemination via presentations and peer-reviewed journals
- To present research findings to colleagues and at conferences
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- To develop contacts and research collaborations within the Department/Division/Faculty and wider academic community in order to further the project aims
- The post holder may also be required to carry out teaching duties or to collaborate in other departmental research projects
- To apply for follow-on funding
You are expected to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements of the post but in particular, you should possess a medical qualification with registration at the General Medical Council and hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Medicine or equivalent discipline.
In addition, you will be ST2+ level in General Medicine/General Surgery/Oncology/Immunology/Microbiology with proven experience in the Acute Hospital setting. You will also have previous experience in research and sound knowledge and experience in the management of critically ill patients.
Salary: £31,422 - £47,132 plus £2,162 London Allowance per annum
This is a full time, fixed-term post, funded by 4D Pharma and available until August 2021 in the first instance.
Should you have any queries please contact: Dr Jonathan Krell - email@example.com