Yard Sales Assistant
Yard Sales Assistant - Jewson Builders' Merchants - Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire
Jewson are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running (2016-2019)
Are you organised, personable and looking for the next challenge in your career? If so, the Jewson Kilmarnock team are recruiting for a Yard Sales Assistant who prides themselves on delivering first class service and who can really make a difference.
In this exciting role, you will use your dedication and enthusiasm to undertake warehouse and yard duties to promote and maximise sales whilst at all times ensuring customer needs are met and exceeded.
As a Yard Sales Assistant with Jewson, you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Deal with customers on a day to day basis in the yard building long term relationships.
- Ensure all sales orders are promptly processed to meet customer needs.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Ensure minimum stock shrinkage and accurate daily stock counts.
- Maintain stock levels in both the shop and yard areas to a high standard of health and safety and neatness, ensuring that all goods are correctly priced via label checks.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you…
- Have fantastic Customer Service Experience and know what great service looks like, sounds like and feels like, as that's really important to us.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Are able to deliver with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Are positive, personable and a real team player.
- Have a full UK driving license.
- You'll also need to operate a forklift truck to ensure our delivery drivers get in and out in double quick time. A licence would be of an advantage, however this is not essential as we can organise training.
…we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with Jewson, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.