Associate/Senior Associate, Employment
Nelson Chambers are pleased to be working with a legal 500 ranked firm in their search for a solicitor with a minimum 4 years PQE to join their busy and friendly London team. This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced employment solicitor looking for their next step to join this ambitious firm in new offices by the Thames.
Playing a vital role in the employment team, this position involves a variety of work advising employers and senior executives from a range of sectors.
Tasks and Responsibilities (non-exhaustive)
- Advising on the employment aspects of M&A transactions on deals of including large, complex, multi-jurisdictional deals for global companies to small domestic transactions and commercial property deals.
- Working with and providing colleagues with appropriate support in the provision of such advice to clients
- Managing the full scope of employment related transactional work, including due diligence, drafting employment provisions, calculating employment related liabilities, and advising on benefits, incentives and bonus arrangements.
- Negotiating senior level exits/retentions
- Drafting and advising on the enforcement of post termination restrictions, warranties and indemnities.
- Advising financial services clients on remuneration packages, the scope and application of SMCR, conduct rule breaches, fitness and propriety findings and regulatory references.
- Statutory rights and enforcement in Employment Tribunals, including whistleblowing claims
- Dismissal and employment termination
- Contributing to marketing and business development initiatives of team and firm
- Previous non-contentious, contentious and advisory employment experience
- A focus on employment aspects of transactional work, including advising owners/C-suite
- Ability to manage own caseload
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the team and wider firm, as required
- Experience of advising Financial Services clients is desirable
- Must be commercial, pragmatic, and proactive in approach.
- Strong client focus with the ability to create and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Providing a consistently exceptional and bespoke client experience by working with an innovative approach and striving for continuous improvement.
- Confident in managing clients' expectations, deals effectively with issues and promotes a feeling of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates a considered approach to risk management, actively promoting a culture of risk awareness and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- 25 days' annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Darren Bacon at Nelson Chambers.