Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Financial Controller based in Bury St Edmunds. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful SME that will be going through significant growth within the next two to five years. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the finance department, being an active part of the company’s success.
As the Financial Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Risk management - oversight and understanding of all major risks to the business and control measures in place.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Oversight of payroll.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Line management responsibility for Accounts Assistant including identifying training needs and opportunities and performance management in line with company policy and procedure, including 121’s and annual appraisals.
- Responsible for all company financial systems, practices and control, including constantly looking to optimize and improve internal administrative controls and processes.
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with previous industry experience. You will embrace the need to change and drive efficiency in to processes and systems.