Purchase Ledger Payroll Controller
Company: MartonGeotechnical Services Ltd (www.mgs.co.uk)
Title: Purchase Ledger and Payroll Controller
Location: Rougham Industrial Estate, Bury St Edmunds
MGS was established in 1988 and manufactures and supplies specialist quality products for use in a wide range of civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering applications worldwide. The company employs over 70 people and operates across four locations in the UK, one site in Germany, and with its sister company Geosense.
Desired skills & qualities:
- Positive and logical approach, good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of Pegasus Opera desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of purchase ledger required
- Previous experience of payroll and payroll administration a must
- The role will encompass purchase ledger, expenses, payroll and related functions along assisting the Management Accountant with various tasks. The functions would include the following:
- Overall responsibility for Purchase ledger
- Coding invoices
- Monitoring orders for outstanding invoices
- Oversea payment runs
- Deal with queries as appropriate
- Communicating with suppliers regarding expected payments
- Check supplier statements to purchase ledger and chase any missing invoices
- Obtain staff expenses and credit card details, check, approve and post
- Prepare month end reports for Purchase Ledger ready for period closure
- Preparation of payroll
- Payroll administration
- End of Year returns
- Pension administration
- Review bank accounts (Current a/c and currency a/cs) for payments, sundry receipts and transfers - post as necessary and reconcile daily
- Check and submit Intrastat Arrivals
- Accruals and prepayments
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Analysis/breakdown of Nominal codes
- As instructed by the Management Accountant
- At times you may be required to cover certain roles of other staff for holiday and sickness purposes.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge and keeping up to date with new and available technologies.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
Hours: Monday to Friday (9:00am- 5:30pm)
Company Benefits: Competitive salary, 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, company shutdown between Christmas & New Year (5 days out of the 25 days of holiday), statutory pension scheme available, external training provided as required.
*No recruitment agencies please*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent