Healthcare Assistant - NVQ Level 3 (Dialysis Assistant)
Are you an NVQ Level 3 qualified Healthcare Assistant seeking an exciting new opportunity to learn specialist skills in renal care?
Do you have the passion to provide outstanding patient experience and maintain high standards of care and dialysis treatment?
We are seeking a helpful, tactful and meticulous individual whom will be able to follow rigorous procedures to join our clinic as a Dialysis Assistant in Hamilton.
What can we offer you?
Here at Fresenius Medical Care we provide excellent and continuous Training and Development throughout your career, supported by dedicated Clinical Teachers. On joining, you will enroll on our 12 week Fundamental Dialysis Programme, which is accredited by the European Dialysis and Transplant Nurses Association/European Renal Care Association. Thereafter, we continue to provide training and education opportunities which help take your career to the next level.
We offer a competitive salary UPTO £20,857 - if you are offered less than the top end your salary will increase in guaranteed yearly increments until you reach it.
Alongside this we offer a wealth of other fantastic benefits listed below:
• No Sunday or Night Shift Working
• 30% enhancement on any hour worked between 8pm – 6am
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• 33 Days Holiday (inclusive of 8 days bank holiday) increasing with service
• Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off
• Overtime (time and a half after completing full-time hours – 150 hours every 4 weeks)
• Paid Breaks
• Free Parking at Work
• Positive Attendance Vouchers (up to £200 bonus per year)
• Long Service Vouchers
• Refer a Friend Scheme (£1000 per referral if successful)
• Sick Pay
• Free Uniform
• Free Tea & Coffee
• Free Flu Vaccine
• Free Christmas Meal
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Sponsorship for training where applicable for career development
• EAP Portal – Confidential Employee Assistance Helpline with qualified counsellors 24/7
• iChoose – Employee saving scheme with great discounts including phone contracts
What does the role involve?
As a Dialysis Assistant you will be working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will:
- Look after individual patients, preparing dialysis equipment for treatment, monitoring vital signs and assessing, cleaning and redressing catheter sites as required.
- Liaise with patients, their relatives and other visitors to the clinic.
- Ensure that equipment is kept clean and supplies are well-stocked, safely stored and used efficiently.
- Keep documentation up-to-date.
- Administer medication when required.
This is a full time role of 37.5 hours a week. Current days are working various shifts Mon - Sat between 6.00am - 10.30pm.
Who is Fresenius Medical Care?
We are the leading provider of dialysis services to the NHS and we also operate 41 production sites on all continents to provide dialysis products. We are the 3rd largest medical devices company in the world.
We are a growing and ambitious company who invests in talent and creates an environment where you can grow too. Come on our journey with us, see your skills develop and be rewarded for the exceptional work you do!
Healthcare Assistant – NVQ Level 3 (Dialysis Assistant) posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure
Fresenius Medical Care is an equal opportunities employer