Head of Investment Administration
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a growing financial services organisation based in central Bath.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Dealing, CASS and Investment Admin Servicing teams. Due to the operational risk this area carries, a mixture of regulatory knowledge and operational management experience is essential.
- Overseeing the Investment Administration teams in their core responsibilities; dealing, corporate actions, dividends/distributions, client money reconciliation,client asset reconciliation, payments, CASS adherence, Tax
- Management CASS technical query escalations.
- Auditor liaison for both internal and external CASS audits.
- Overseeing departmental procedures, ensuring accuracy and alignment with regulatory obligations.
- Managing the team to achieve an effective workflow and contribute towards an efficient execution of responsibilities.
- Working with the management team to maintain a collaborative approach in achieving the department’s SLAs and KPIs.
- Responsible for team development through structured 1-2-1s, appraisals and individual training & development plans.
- Coach, inspire and develop staff so that they can grow in line with aspirations of the business.
- Encouraging and valuing ideas and initiatives.
- Ensuring that the risk management process is promoted, supported, managed and implemented effectively in the team.
- Working with own team and the other managers to define, manage and continually improve the team and business processes.
Skills and experience:
- Strong CASS operational knowledge, in particular CASS 6 & CASS 7.
- Proven management background, with experience in an investment administration setting.
- In depth financial services experience with particular strength in the understanding of a wrap platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- A proactive and innovative approach to problem solving, including persuasion and influencing skills.
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) or equivalent industry recognised qualification.
Salary £45 - £55,000 + exc. benefits package
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.