ES5110 - Teacher of P.E
Graeme cluster primary schools are seeking to recruit a Primary Teacher with PE Specialism who is a highly skilled practitioner, committed to delivering the very best Physical Education learning and teaching experiences for our children and young people in the primary setting. The post will deliver across our primary schools supporting the progression of Physical Education across stages and transition to secondary school.
Physical Education in Falkirk supports children and young people from 3–18. The main elements of PE are delivered by PE specialists/Primary Teachers with PE Specialism in primary and secondary schools, supported by Active Schools Officers and line managed by a Principal Teacher Cluster PE in Graeme High School.
Exciting changes have been made recently with ever closer collaboration between primary and secondary PE practitioners to increase progression and develop stronger transition links with secondary schools. The successful candidate will be part of a team of 11 PE specialists delivering within the Graeme High School cluster schools.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was co-created by headteachers, teachers, early years’ practitioners, support staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners.
It sets out clearly our expectations for all teachers, namely that they are practitioners who demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
• reflecting critically on their practice
• being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further enhance their skills and knowledge
• adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
• using current educational thinking to inform their practice
• making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
• communicating effectively with others
Successful applicants will:
• hold an appropriate Physical Education qualification
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to attend:
• Classroom observation and short leet interview
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to gain/maintain PVG scheme membership along with GTCS Registration
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post.
• Falkirk Council Validated Self-Evaluation and Service Plan
• Learning to Achieve
• My Future's in Falkirk
• Graeme High School
L Carroll, Headteacher, Graeme High School