Deputy Care Manager
Deputy Care Manager
Our client, a care home based in Sheffield, is currently looking for a Deputy Care Manager to join their existing team.
- To promote the values and principles of each care home and fully implement its policies, procedures and systems.
- Create and promote an ordinary living environment for service users, enabling them to develop the skills required for independent living.
- Develop individual care plans, based on assessment of needs, in conjunction with the referring agent and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure that holistic care of each individual is reviewed on a regular basis.
- Foster good relations and lines of communication with families/circles of support, commissioners and other stakeholders/services/agencies involved in the care of service users.
- Stay abreast of developments and current trends, when caring for people with mental health needs.
- Assist the Registered Manager in the leadership and management of staff, efficient management of budgets, marketing the home, recruitment, carrying out staff supervisions and rotas.
- Co-ordinate any temporary care staff, trainees or volunteers drawn in to support the care home.
- Co-ordinate the administration of external events in conjunction with other members of staff and volunteers or external groups as required.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of legislation and maintain compliance.
- Previous experience of working with individuals with mental health needs.
- An awareness of the duties that come with managing a home.
- An awareness of the need for outward facing communication.
- An enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work in a small, dynamic environment.
- A confident personality with good organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as the ideal candidate will play a key role in a team that encourages the service users to express their wishes and needs and make informed choices.
- Minimum of Level 5 in leadership and management or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management/supervisory role or extensive experience as a Senior Care Support Worker within the past 5 years.
- Good IT Skills - Microsoft Office (word processing and spreadsheets) and use of the Internet.
- Current full UK driver’s licence
This vacancy is being managed by Ben Moses at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2018.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.