Ambulance Care Assistant
E-zec is a private ambulance company that provides a Patient Transport Service on behalf of the NHS and other private companies. Working as an Ambulance Care Assistant you will transport, locally and nationally, people with physical and/or psychological disabilities, elderly and other vulnerable individuals to and from outpatient clinics and routine hospital admissions. We also transfer non-urgent and higher dependency patients.
You will provide patients with safe, comfortable and on time transfers and a friendly smile with an encouraging approach you will make a real difference to the patients that you help, giving them a much-needed boost before or after their appointment.
Due to continued expansion, E-zec Medical Transport Services are now looking to recruit a number of Permanent and Zero Hours Bank Ambulance Care Assistants to be based in Suffolk (Bury St Edmunds) and Ipswich area.
As a permanent Ambulance Care Assistant you will be required to work 40 hours per week on a variable shift pattern spread over a flexible 7 day rota, 365 days a year. You will be paid £8.50 per hour, which will include a 30 minutes paid break, with 28 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
Zero Hours contracts have no contracted hours but E-zec will regularly offer various shifts and hours dependent upon operational demand. There is no set pattern and you are able to accept or decline the hours that are offered. You will be paid £9.53 per hour, which is inclusive of holiday pay.
Duties will include (following training):
- Administering basic first aid and oxygen as required during the course of work
- Completing all necessary vehicle and journey documentation
- Ensuring that the home environment is adequately secured after the departure of the patient and upon their return
- Report facts concerning accidents or incidents to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications and medical certificates
- Ensure the vehicle and associated equipment is in a safe and clean condition at all times, reporting any defects to the appropriate manager
The ideal Candidate will be:
- A careful and considerate driver.
- Have an understanding of patients' abilities (conditions/ limitations)
- Have good people skills with a polite and friendly manner
- Be physically fit, as you will be required to move patients
- Have good knowledge of the local and surrounding areas within a 50 mile radius (although journeys to all parts of mainland UK may be required)
- A full driving license (no more than 3 points)
- Drivers should have held a Full Driving License for at least 2 years
- An enhanced disclosure check is required (DBS/CRB). This cost will be covered by the business
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Free uniform
- 224 hours of annual leave per annum (including bank holidays); for permanent staff
- A salary of £8.50 per hour
- Auto-enrolment into the Company’s Pension scheme; When you join E-zec Medical Transport Services as an Ambulance Care Assistant, your training will be classroom-based and on the job.
- Job Types: Full-time
- Job Type: Permanent
- When you join E-zec Medical Transport Services as an Ambulance Care Assistant, your training will be classroom-based and on the job.