Procurement Manager Mandarin Speaker
£33,000 per annum plus bonus
Wrexham commutable from Oswestry, Chester
22 days holiday & 8 bank holidays
8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
As Procurement Manageryou will be supporting the Global Product Development team and working alongside the Head of Department on the long-term procurement and sourcing strategy. As part of the Sourcing and Procurement team, you will be managing and sourcing new vendors ensuring that they have the relevant accreditations, working to price points and negotiating with new suppliers. Due to the nature of the role, Mandarin is essential for both written and verbal communication.
- Identify potential suppliers in line with cost price and margin expectations.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing strategies and procedures to attain maximum project development efficiency.
- Understanding the business development strategy and what the department needs you to do to support this.
- Communicate with the Product Development team, providing regular updates on progress and to establish solutions to decrease costs.
- Develop the supplier portfolio looking to diversify the supplier base into new categories.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- You will be required to travel to other countries on a monthly basis to build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Liaise with manufacturing outlets, understanding the supply chain routes high and lows with the support of other departments.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Mandarin is essential for this role
- Proven experience of procurement/purchasing/sourcing and vendor management.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data.
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
- Present confidently and understand the strategy and objectives.
- £33,000 per annum.
- Company bonus.
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Free parking.
- Hours of work are 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday.
The company is a successful, growing creative business operating globally from its Wrexham base. The business uses a number of exciting marketing channels and offers a creative and commercially vibrant environment to work in. This is an ideal opportunity to work and learn within a growing, dynamic commercial team.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.