Commercial Finance Manager
NXTGEN are working with a global market leader based in Peterborough as they recruit a Commercial Finance Manager to join their Finance function. This newly created role will see the successful candidate working closely with the Financial Director and commercial teams, to drive business performance in key areas including operations and sales. As Commercial Finance Manager, you will provide financial insight through detailed analysis and Financial modelling, before meeting key stakeholders with a view to influencing business decisions.
Key responsibilities and deliverables within the role will include:
- Strategic analysis on business performance including; sales, competitor analysis and pricing
- Support the build of the 5 year strategic plan and continually track progress vs budget
- Work closely with sales teams to manage margins, reviewing pricing strategy accordingly
- Analyse operational and supply chain costs, identifying opportunities for cost saving or efficiencies
- Support Finance Director with ad hoc analysis on potential business opportunities or new products
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience in a highly commercial/operational/FP&A focussed role. Excellent Excel skills will be key and candidates will need to be able to use scenario based financial models. This is a true business partnering role so candidates will need to have excellent communication skills with the ability to work across a complex business. Prior experience gained within manufacturing or technology is desirable but not essential.